Things I learned from the SketchCrawl at the zoo:
- The animals at the zoo tend to turn their butts toward you when they realize you’re trying to draw them.
- It’s hard to draw when the humidity is, like, 120%.
- I can’t draw so much when there are people everywhere. Screaming. And running.
- By the time we got to the bears, all I could see were animals being forced to exist in confined spaces so humans could gawk.
- If I owned the zoo, I would let all the animals go.
Anyway, I was inspired by the animals in spite of their situation (and mine), so I painted “Jeeraffe,” the first of (hopefully) an extended series of “Rotty” animal paintings.